Sunday, May 15, 2011

While we talk, people die.


My previous post still pulls at my heart to this day. I've had time to pray about it and wait for the Lord to reveal what he wanted to reveal to me. It has taken fasting and raw conviction from the Holy Spirit to get to this point, and yet I still feel like I need to hear more.

Isaiah 58 makes some audacious promises.

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: 

to loose the chains of injustice 

and untie the cords of the yoke, 

to set the oppressed free 

and break every yoke?

Is it not to share your food with the hungry 

and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter— 

when you see the naked, to clothe him, 

and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?

Then your light will break forth like the dawn, 

and your healing will quickly appear; 

then your righteousness will go before you, 

and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard …

If you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry 

and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, 

then your light will rise in the darkness, 

and your night will become like the noonday."

We should never let our actions go

without our WORDS pointing to the cross.

The scripture makes it clear

that because you "feed" a person's body,

you open up the opportunity to feed their soul.

What justice is served if we temporarily serve

the situations of individuals yet neglect their souls?

That is the ultimate purpose of my convictions I have been having: not to just help others have the physical possessions that I have, but to see and feel the love of Jesus through a mere disciple.

My audacity begins here:

I can no longer read the Bible and come to the conclusion that health and my own well being is more important than the souls that are lost, that I am called to be a Godly light drawing in the lost. I am using discernment through this all, and I know the Lord is calling me to a place that I should be fearful of...and yet I am not. "and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard."

I will end on words from the bold Mumford and Sons, gotta love them: "In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die. Where you invest your love, you invest your life."


2 comments:

  1. Get it girl.
    Strong words.
    Wise words.
    Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing conviction! I am so glad my sister had the opportunity of meeting you at ETBU and becoming a close friend! What a neat lady you are! Ever thought about Tulsa, OK? Don't believe all the stories about the tornadoes you hear!!

    ReplyDelete